Thursday, August 13, 2009


One Dollar At A Time and Every Kid Has at Least a Dollar to Spend!!

A Strapped America Goes to the 99-Cent Store
while new Singles Storm the Top 40!



In a week where it seems the global financial crisis is inescapable, America decides that a buck is a nice price to spend on music. At the same time the Top 40 of Billboard’s Hot 100 sees a wave of new best-selling singles—including two in the Top 10 and a massive leap by a new No. 1 smash by rapper T.I.

Besides these chart feats, T.I.’s hit also sets a record for the biggest debut sales week for a digital single. Wemight want to get used to that happening. Already, iTunes is reporting a wave of new best-sellers as the music industry’s last blockbuster holiday hits full swing.

Two years ago kids often went to the mall and bought a pair of designer jeans for anywhere from $60 to $150... perhaps even two pairs on the weekend. Others might have spent hundreds of dollars on the latest trend or a new electronic gadget. As the economy got rough and things slowed down these purchases have slowed to a crawl or ended completely.

What did the they continue to buy and buy more often than ever? All the latest tracking statistics have shown that digital music sales are up and up significantly!

We all turn to things we find comfort in particularly during tough times and our favorite music is at the top of the list. Particularly notable is the fact that music is now being purchased more and more by the single track which of course means downloading a digital purchase. The same trend that led has led to the closing of record stores worldwide including Virgin's wonderful MegaStores is spawning an entirely new revival in music sales.

Now IF Music is bringing that the ability to download to locations everywhere that we all go to everyday! Now you will be able to buy your music on impulse whenever and wherever you like without ever having to turn your personal computer or laptop on.

Imagine gathering with your friends at your favorite fast food restaurant or mall discussing the songs you like, looking them up and then downloading them all from a unique kiosk that combines these purchases with savings at the very location you are in.

Whether you are sitting in your favorite hair salon, the airport and a video game store IF Music will be there with you. These are only a few of the hundreds of locations where IF Music is creating the Music Store of the future combined with savings from the world's best retailers.

In the end is is all about one dollar at a time and everyone can find that spare dollar to treat themselves to something that brings such long lasting pleasure. Now there is a way to buy something truly emotive on impulse, while waiting or immediately after hearing a track you love on the radio or in a store. Given that song tracks average just under a dollar per song the youth market, the largest and most profitable demographic in the world, is spending those dollars at a record pace leading to truly astounding figures and statistics.

There is little doubt that the recession still has a grip worldwide. The comfort we take in our music is possibly the most inexpensive, long lasting and pleasurable experience available for under a dollar... all one download at a time!


IF Music...Music Everywhere!

15 comments:

  1. This is a cool blog. Finally someone talking about something I like. I did a search on the net and asked around no one I know has any idea where the download machines are. Can you guys tell us how we can find them when we are out and about? It's nice to know things like this are around I just want to find them so I can use them. I am 15 buy tons of music I got some new gift cards for my b day now tell me what places have the music machine. Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this you need to be able to do something interesting without spending too much money or just eating yourself sick or whatever. This would be a great solution/excuse/pastime if that makes sense. Let me know where to go in the Towson area of Baltimore and I am there along with a group of my friends to at least check this out. Great idea by the way and it looks cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often spend an entire day sailing across the Chesapeake Bay and back with the excuse of going to lunch at an Eastern shore crab shack. My point here is that a great destination is really just an excuse for the journey if that makes any sense.

    I think this machine is sort of the same thing. Sure I can download the same stuff at home (at least I imagine I can) BUT I would much rather have an excuse to hang out somewhere/anywhere outside of the house I share. Maybe this is nuts but it is the truth. Well done IF guys!! I love it! But where is it???

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest I had to read these blogs several times and went to your web site a few times before deciding to post a comment. I do get the obvious things like convenience when I am doing errands stop for a bite or a coffee maybe have a song stuck in my head and see one of these kiosk I can at that moment buy that song GREAT! Upon further thought we have every thing else available to us instantly why not the availability of downloading songs anytime any where. I only have one problem now I need to go out an buy an ipod, time to get rid of the old cd player.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get it, saw something like this a year ago I think it was at Starbucks I watched people attempting to use it, to say the least it was not pretty. I do understand it was not your gizmo. My guess is this is something that would be used regularly probably by kids more than the rest of us, but if you got it right I am betting your the winners, E.B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. told my friends about this hope to see their 2 cents posted. Mine is you could not have enough of those things for us to use. Good luck trying to hve them everywhere. I think you got your work cut out for you. Get out here I for one will use them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have known Kent since 3rd grade, if ever someone was going to create or come up with the next great thing it is him. As the years have passed and many times our conversations turned to days passed, when our friends get together or on the phone and we start asking each other what they might be up to or such, we always find ourselves saying “what is Kent up to”. For sure we always end up saying it is not when but only a matter of time before he comes up with that next great thing. Well my friend this “IF” thing sure looks like the next great thing. I love it my kids and their kids love it as do all my friends I told about it so far. I cannot wait to see them all over the place and like the others that have commented in here I will use them. Are we allowed to leave personal messages on blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cool! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A friend just told me about this blog. Interesting, for me I do not have the Ipod but would get one if I could hook it up to my car radio somehow. All in all I like the idea and could see it being of servise in others way's. Put up the places they are at I will scope it out. Dave

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is easily the most exciting new idea to be implemented in quite some time. The addition of "promoting concerts and being able to buy tickets on these things" is something that many music lovers will love simply the convenience. I tried several combinations of tags which didn't yield any results, despite the fact that I know of sites which could have been returned in the results, so there is definitely room for improvement as far as getting the word out is concerned. hopefully the content of the kiosk has all types of artists that work with all our listening habits, and the results for our patronage should be stations in as many places as possible which we will use often. At the moment I know of no stations this can only improve over time. The functionality will be in my mind as important as the way I download music from my desktop if it is easy you will have a following which I predict will be cult like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The future of cd's are still very much in doubt. A mass migration has already started to single track downloads, and will no doubt continue as each new generation comes of age and discoverers their music. The kids today myself included are unwilling to pay crazy fee's to buy our music, we do not want cd's, we own mp3 players and want our music on them. Bottom line other then the net we have no place to buy our tracks not having somewhere to buy them has generated an enormous amount of negative feedback with my peers. This cool thing gives us that and we want it now. Sooner the better I will be following this blog and waiting.
    Music lover : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice I would use them mostly because I am a music addict and I hate useing the computer once I am at home. T.Terry

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have am with T. Terry - the last thing I want to do when I get home is jump on the computer (have enough of that during the work day!) but there are many times waiting for a delayed flight, or killing time while traveling that I could see myself loading up my iPod with music for the flight - it doesn't matter how much is on my 80G memory - there always seems to be a new song that I want to add! Can't wait to see the IF kiosks out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For Dave - pick up your iPod today! I have a small receiver that I picked up at Walmart that plugs into the bottom of my iPod and plays directly through my car radio - very slick technology and if I remember correctly it was less than $30. Sometimes sound quality is not as clear as listening to CDs/radio directly but the upside is I listen to exactly what I want to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now this might sound odd but I have a friend that has to be into music more then anyone I know. Here is where it gets weird, she does not have a computer of any kind. She has access at work to them and comes over to use mine often. She is constantly buying songs from sites she has memberships with like amazon. I told her about this kiosk idea and she squealed like a young kid with delight. You can count on her using your system. Only wish I had come up with this. Tanya

    ReplyDelete