Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Consumption of Music: All-time High

Consumption of Music: All-time High

According to Nielson we are buying music more now than ever and the recession is a non-factor. Why is the recession not affecting the purchasing of music? Simply put... we can choose what we want to buy, meaning we can buy our music by the single track or song. This means you get exactly what you want to populate your MP3 devices with and only what you are interested in listening to. Most of all music is only an average of .99 per track making it affordable during a time when we have cut back on other personal comfort purchases.

Nieslson reports that:

• Consumers are listening, purchasing and touching music in more ways than ever.

• Consumers continue to make more “decisions” each of the last 3 years to purchase digital music (album, track, LP, video, single, ringtone).

2006: 1.3 billion purchases 2007: 1.5 billion purchases 2008: 1.7 billion purchases
res
• Digital tracks purchased in 2008 – 1 Billion+ and rising fast!

• 5 Billion + audio streams for Top 5,000 songs.

• Music is available to Consumers 24/7

• Home: CD Players/Turntables, losing ground to MP3 Players

• Work: Hardware players like MP3 Players, Radio & Internet

• Car: CD & MP3 Players, Terrestrial and satellite radio

• On the Go: MP3 players, Mobile (radio, streaming, downloading)

All of us are being touched by the the digital revolution and now we are all looking for ways and places to buy digital music other than on the Internet. The personal interaction we enjoy while shopping is almost a primal need for social interaction... a destination with a purpose if no other reason than to get out of the house.

One answer to this desire to buy music outside the home and away from your pc or laptop has appeared in unique kiosks in public and social places. The IF Music Kiosk ... The new music store!

8 comments:

  1. The IF Music kiosk is the future – imagine downloading the music you’re in the mood for wherever you happen to be. You could be in line at a favorite restaurant, traveling cross country, or waiting at the laundromat for your cloths to finish. How excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A time-honored pastime is listening to music. It has been a part of our shared human history from the beginning of time. The ability to instantly download music into any portable device anywhere anytime whether in social settings or alone while passing time in a waiting room for example, allows one to set their own mood; reducing stress or sharing their new favorite song with friends is an ingenious creation. It is as easy as buying a soda in a vending machine. I cannot wait until IF Kiosk is available in a store in my neighborhood. TKolek

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this idea is so cool! There are so many times when I'm traveling that I think about a song I would love to have on my iPod, but by the time I get back to my computer, I'm too tired to do any web shopping. It would be so great to "feed the need" for a song while I'm on the go. I can't wait to see these kiosks everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The idea of a kiosk down the street around the corner or at my local mall? All my choices right at my finger tips ready for me to buy when the mood strikes me? Truth is I was wishing for something like this just the other day. I was having lunch listening to my ipod thinking about a song I heard, at the same time I was watching someone use an ATM machine and thought if only there was something like that to buy music from? Then I come across this blog hmm well I am ready where are they I know myself and most of my friends will be constant users. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to take moment today and drop you a note regarding my read on downloadable music.

    As a father of three young children ranging in ages from five to thirteen itʹs all around me. My children continually use their allowance money primarily to purchase music downloads. The oldest one, most times owes her mother and I money and is working extra chores to be able and buy more songs or ring tones. To be ʺcoolʺ you need the newest

    phone and the best IPOD loaded up with the latest greatest.

    Regards,

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW if these things were around me and my friends would always be using them we love downloading music lots and lots of it from Sandy and Kate august 12 2009

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something that can only be described as genius. I know one thing if one would have been in the airport several days ago while we spent hours waiting on our delayed flights, I for one would have spent a small fortune I am sure. Be willing to be so would many hundreds of others that were stuck like me. Love your web site love the concept, bring it on boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea any around for me to use now? T.Grans

    ReplyDelete